Tuesday 26 April 2011

Do we really want to know the future?

Good stuff and bad stuff today... Got the bed fixed tight and almost finished, well finished enough to throw an air matress and sleeping bag on and be quite happy (did take a pic but the camera battery died, I'll hunt for charger tomorrow)... Dan tidied up the cab and put all the door panels back on (door shuts now.... abracadabra!....still doesn't lock with the very expensive key/fob thingy!)  So we happily went to the local industrial estate for a practice drive before dropping it off at the garage.  I decided to keep the garage appointment as the compressor for the suspension doesnt shut off, so thought it best be looked at, turns out that was a very wise move, a few creaks, a crack followed by loss of power steering and a wee pile of 'bits' left on the road.... the power steering pulley had snaped in 2... Got it to the garage and left them a very nice note explaining (Im sure I will be the butt of their jokes tomorrow, but I dont care) and Im now hoping that all can be rectified simply and of course cheaply.... Shall find out in the future! :)


Costs   £970.50 Carried forward
             £ 25      Hydrolic fluid (I forgot to add this a few days ago)
             £995.50....... I must spend a fiver tomorrow to cross the half way mark...
                                  ....ha ha of course I will, the van is in the garage....
                                  ....for a moment I forgot they will want paying!

No comments:

Post a Comment