Friday 8 April 2011

The First cut is the hardest...

So many ways to do things.... I spent most of yesterday faffing about doing anything possible other than deciding which piece of wood goes 1st...but I did build a nice little work bench, and de-nailled all the wood I removed from the van. 

Today was better, I got the framework for the sofa done (batteries will be housed in here) and half the bed supports (mid height with storage beneath).  I changed the detail to extend the bed to double size, mid build (never a wise move), but the original way was too complex. The spaces either side of the sofa will be wee secret (shhh...) cubby holes for odds-and-ends.  Im now forming the back of the sofa with 3 layers of hinged ply which pulls up and out to sit on the worktops either side. Need to find some decent hinges and brackets tonight, well I've found plenty but I need to actually order some. Of the million websites Ive sourced stuff, I still can't find one that has everything vital. Delivery costs to the 'Highlands & Islands' can be expensive, regardless of the fact its no more difficult to get here as Aberdeen or Inverness...anyway, I try to keep my deliveries as bulked as possible.



Im taking the weekend off building, Im working Saturday and Sunday anyway...but will no doubt spend many hours trawling ebay for brackets/screws/etc.  Have bearly seen my daughter since I got the van and Archie needs a good walk tomorrow, he convinced me he was bored this morning by stealing the bit of wood I'd just cut and running off round the garden. He learned to 'wave' this week, its so cute :)

Costs      £30 oil and filter and rust-stuff
               £13 brake switch
               £15 10lt steel mixing bowl (sink)
               £6 Manual (van)              
               £627 carried forward
               £691

1 comment:

  1. Choosing the decent bar sink for your domicile should not be done vintage sinks carelessly depending on what you experience like. You should make surely that it matches your bar design manner and has only the properly functionality.

    ReplyDelete