Wednesday 6 April 2011

How much?!?!

Achieved lots of negatives today...
1. I now know that I dont really need a 2nd key for the van, since they cost at least £150! For one key! The single key I do have which opens every door except the drivers door (Im giving this prank to the April fools day purchase!) detaches itself from the fob-thingy, that is meant to work the central locking (if only it had a functioning battery). I have been informed that the fob-thingy also tells the immobiliser that Im allowed to start the engine.  Therefore, I already own one very important fob-thingy (what a lucky girl I am...ha ha) So, instead of buying a new key at a ridiculous price, Im going to develop a form of OCD about keys.
2. I (well Dan, my son has to take credit for this one) also discovered that, I don't really need to access the van via the drivers door (What a pain in the neck that is gonna be!). As the little plastic thingy....have you worked out that Im not mechanically minded yet?...anyhow, the little plastic thingy that allows the drivers door to be unlocked and locked from the outside, with the very expensive key/fob-thingy, is missing: but in order to replace the plastic thingy, I would have to purchase a new lock barrel, specifically designed around my very expensive key/fob-thingy!  That really isnt going to happen. So, I'm considering redesigning my entire layout, to make access from rear of van to drivers seat much more convienient, therefore giving myself an outside chance of not looking a complete pratt shuffling in through the passenger door to start the van. Heres hoping that a bit of fiddling by Dan with some wire can solve the problem.
3. I discovered that shopping in Inverness is not time efficient, cost efficient, enjoyable, or even worthwhile. I am intending purchasing everything possible online, from here in. We went to Halfords today, and were forcably tortured for the entire visit by having Jeremy Vine's wingeing moaners show blasted through the entire store! Went to 'Reid's Nuts and Bolts', for bolts (obvious enough?) they didn't do the kind of bolts I was looking for!...is it me?....haha Fortunately the guy at Renault was so very nice, and almost apologetic about the cost of a key, that I can honestly say that was the best shopping experience I had today...£150 for a key!
4. £20 ovens, need lots of cleaning. (I had expected this of course)
5. The van came with various anonomous switches, one of which cuts the electrics and engine (mentioned previously) I actually think this is a very useful security feature, as it prohibits anyone starting the engine without knowing how to reset it. However, when the van is occupied by a 7 month old puppy, the location of said switch should not be 6 inches off the floor! Must design a cover.

Enough doom and gloom, tomorrow I build! Comfort is very important to me as I intend to spend a long time in the van, so Im using the cushions off my existing sofa (which I love!) These are bigger than normal camper cushions so the van is essentially designed around them. By Saturdays pub shift, I'll have a comfy sofa in my van....the kids aren't impressed by the sofa base they have been left with at home!

I'd do costs tomorrow as its late.

No comments:

Post a Comment