Wednesday 13 April 2011

To blog or not to blog?

As this blog is about the build and nothing has happened with the build, do I blog at all? Life will repeatedly interfere with this project so there will be many days of silence to come.

My bowl arrived, and Im delighted! Just need to drill a suitable hole for the waste and I have a shiny sink :) I've also decided to keep the services, just one notch above camping standards for the time being; hot water, pumps, solar panels etc, for a decent home-from-home system is out of my budget at the moment. I've ordered stuff for a simple 25lt jerry can system which will provide me with a functioning sink, albeit with only cold water at the moment...water heaters are expensive, even second hand! I would like to somehow rig up a solar water heater (simple one, with black pipe laid out on the roof of the van) which should give me warm enough water on sunny days, but is utterly useless in Winter.   Camping has been my activity of choice for many years, so I think I can live with that, for now :)



The manaul I ordered for the van arrived too, but as ever technology has beaten me and I can't get the thing to load on the laptop even resorted to asking Dan to load it, but no... it will require contact with the providers to sort it out..... how I hate those calls to folk that bamboozle me with words I don't understand!

Fabric arrived too (I like this, getting parcels millarky) its ok, or it will be once it isn't lying innately in the corner and actually serves a function. 

Work tonight, then (all being well) 2 whole days working on the van!... probably wont achieve much more than finishing off the sofa and bed framework.  Ive almost used all the wood I took out of the van, so a timber order will be required soon... money is so easily spent, always makes me question whether its worth having :)

Oh, I'd like to mention the SBMCC... now Im not normally one for clubs or forums but I must recommend the Self Build Motor Caravanners Club, they have a wealth of information on there and are very friendly helpful people (they also give a discount from many suppliers).


Costs     £706 carried forward
              £69   water/waste tanks, pumps, filter, switch etc (rainbow conversions)
              £775
             

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep going with the blog. I'm interested in following your work and thoroughly enjoying it. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Adrian, I shall therefore oblige and continue! :)

    ReplyDelete