Wednesday 11 May 2011

My Silence is noted :)

I've developed a major attack of the 'can't be arsed'... Probably due to the lovely weather we have been having, or the distinct lack of 'bendy mdf' suppliers in the Highlands, or that the wheel nuts refuse to budge, or....maybe Im just lazy :)

Had full intentions of working on the van yesterday, but woke up feeling really grumpy... decided it wasn't wise to work in that frame of mind, I did try to remove the lockers... took out every screw possible but they are still firmly attached to the van! Been advised to keep them which is good advise, but Im not going to follow it... I dont want them there, and now that they seem to want to stay, Im more determined than ever that they are not!  Last resort - grinder! I hate grinders, I'm not keen on power tools of any sort (although I wouldn't be able to do half the things I do without them) but I especially hate power tools that cause sparks.  What can I say, Im a girl!

Bendy MDF exists! I know it does, the internet knows it does, B&Q (Wickes/homebase/etc) knows it does....but the 12 year old, spotty guy that works in Inverness's B&Q claims different, Inverness Homebase guy - never heard of it, Inverness Wickes guy - we dont stock that, try Aberdeen! (Aberdeen is 100 miles away)  Wickes online can send me a sheet.... £12 for the sheet, £35 delivery! I dont think so.  My mission tomorrow is to locate and purchase 1 piddly little sheet of bendy MDF in Inverness, failing that I could always learn how to use my router....or smile sweetly at someone else to use my router...

Wheel nuts.... I have brake discs (disks?) and pads x 4, in a box in the van... ordering and delivery was no problem... getting Dan up on Tuesday to fit them - no problem.... 2 broken socket sets later, they are all still sitting in a  box in the van! Im going to have to drive the van to a garage, smile sweetly (or pathetically depending on how old the mechanic is) and get them to loosen them all, tighten by hand and drive home again... unless anyone out there has any bright ideas? We have tried clarting them in wd40 over night, using a scaffolding pole to extend the leverage, hitting them with a big hammer, swearing a lot and kicking the wheels...

Up side is, I again have power steering! Pulley collected and fitted...Thanks Dan

I probably won't get to the van until Friday, but if I can complete my mission tomorrow, I will have a finished sofa by Friday night....if not the lockers are getting it!

Fed up doing costs, proper....

Pulley cost £30 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment