Tuesday 17 May 2011

Slip Sliding Away...

Things are not going great at the moment and may be heading for square 1 again, or even square -20..... The compressor that runs the suspension appears to be knackered, well it ain't working and we (Dan) hasn't figured out why yet... To replace it is approx £300 and therefore definately kills my van.  So until we find a solution for that, nothing else is going to happen (can still sell the brake parts, as new if required).

The road tax is up at the end of the month, 6 months tax will take us up to November (when the MOT runs out) but Im not buying it if the van doesn't get to go anywhere...it can happily be SORNed (thanks again Adrian) but that gives me nothing but a workshop to build the units in....and a smoking room at Adrians house.... 

I really want to keep going with this, even if other commitments are taking priority right now and time is tight but at this point, I really don't know whats going to happen.  My confidence is taking a battering and my stress levels are increasing rapidly (not just with the van) so some time out is required...pity the van isn't mobile I could really do with a jaunt away. 

I did discover an old timber gypsy wagon for sale a few miles away, I know as much about horses as I do about mechanics... but right now that seems so much simpler! not sure how to get a horse on a ferry though...ha ha

Posts will be sporadic over the next wee while, but hopefully they will become more possitive... I strongly believe that, as they say in these parts, 'fit's fae ye, will'nae gan by ye'  or for the rest of you... 'whats for you you will not go by you'.... but at the moment, its not looking like the 'van plan', is for me, but who know whats around the corner.

Hope you're all having better luck with your plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment